How about this awesome big wheel motorcycle? When you look at it, you wouldn’t expect it to be street legal, but actually, it is. (Well in the US at least.) The Classified Moto BW650 Big Wheel is a bike that was built as a statement to infuriate armchair builders while also delighting themselves.
The BW650 was built on a 1996 Honda XR650L as a donor bike with parts from Honda, Yamaha, Triumph, Progressive Suspension and plenty of custom work. With its big wheels you can take the BW650 basically everywhere; ripping through the dunes, through gravel, dirt, freeways and anything else you can throw at it. There is one thing that bothers us; it is not available for purchase.
Classified Moto considers the BW650 a Level 5 Commission. That means it’s rare they’ll accept a Level 5 request for any bike–usually just 1 or 2 per year–and that it will cost you. At least $33,000, and probably more. Classified says they start at $33K and “end where they end.”
None the less, we think this is an awesome and a fun looking bike to ride. Fingers crossed that Classified Moto will make it available for purchase someday.
- Doner: 1996 Honda XR650L
- Front End: 2014 Yamaha WR250R
- Triple Tree: CM custom billet upper and lower
- Front Wheel: Honda ATC250R
- Front Brakes: Honda XL600R
- Swing Arm: 2006 Triumph Sprint ST
- Rear Wheel: Yamaha BW200
- Rear Shock: Progressive Suspension 465
- Tires: STI Black Diamond (DOT radial)
- Tank: Modified Honda CM185T
- Motor: Honda XR650L
- Exhaust: Full CM custom stainless
- Intake: CM custom stainless
- Gauge: Acewell Digital
- Seat: Custom upholstered waxed canvas and leather
- Battery: Shorai Lithium Ion
Check out complete spec list at Classified Moto BW650